Registering/Booking for Mass
Please read the following instructions
for booking/registering a Mass. It is essential to read and understand before
you book any Masses.
We have already resumed celebrating Public Masses from Saturday 18th July and Sunday 19th July The Mass times are Saturday evening 6.30 p.m. and Sunday 9.00 a.m. (Tilbury), Sunday 11.00 a.m. (Stanford-le-Hope)
The following procedure needs to be properly understood and strictly followed for booking/registering for Mass attendance.
1 Please email Pauline in Tilbury Tilbury e mail link
or Maureen in Stanford-le-Hope click for SLH e mail link
indicating the day, date, time and venue of Mass you will be attending with your family name, the number of people attending and the number of people receiving Holy Communion or use the booking form at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE NOTE By completing this form you are consenting to this information being used uniquely for COVID-19 Track and Trace purposes. Data entered here will be removed after 21 days and will only be used if needed to trace possible contacts of the COVID-19 Virus who may have attended Mass at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church
Sunday, 26th July 9.00 a.m. Mass (Tilbury) -> the Parish and time you wish to attend Mass:
SMITH, Michael (6 people) -> Total number including infants and children attending Mass
Communion (4 people) -> Total number participating in Communion
Or Sunday, 2nd August 5.30 p.m. Mass (Stanford-le-Hope)
ACHEBE, Chinua (1 person)
Communion (1 person)
Or Saturday, 25th July 6.30 p.m. Mass (Tilbury)
KOWALSKI, Christiana (1 person)
These are the examples you must strictly follow for the format of how to register for the Mass you (and your family) wish to attend (booking via email only). Any other formats will not be accepted and your booking for attendance at Mass will NOT be included.
2. Your booking of Mass must be in advance of the date you wish to attend Mass.
Please see the tabulation below for the Mass booking closing dates. Strictly no late registrations will be entertained.
You will be informed a week before your intended Mass whether you have been successful/unsuccessful with your registration.
THE FOLLOWING LISTS THE CLOSING DATES FOR BOOKING/REGISTERING ATTENDANCE AT MASS.
PLEASE ENSURE THE CLOSING DATES ARE STRICTLY FOLLOWED TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
STRICTLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
|Sat||1st May||Tilbury||6.30 pm||5th Sunday of Easter||12th April||23rd April|
|Sun||2nd May||Tilbury||9.00 am||5th Sunday of Easter||12th April||23rd April|
|Sun||2nd May||SLH||11.00 am||5th Sunday of Easter||12th April||23rd April|
|Sat||8th May||Tilbury||6.30 pm||6th Sunday of Easter||19th April||30th April|
|Sun||9th May||Tilbury||9.00 am||6th Sunday of Easter||19th April||30th April|
|Sun||9th May||SLH||11.00 am||6th Sunday of Easter||19th April||30th April|
|Thur||13th May||SLH||11.15 am||Ascension of the Lord||no need||to book|
|Thur||13th May||Tilbury||9.15 am||Ascension of the Lord||no need||to book|
|Sat||15th May||Tilbury||6.30 pm||7th Sunday of Easter||26th April||7th May|
|Sun||16th May||Tilbury||9.00 am||7th Sunday of Easter||26th April||7th May|
|Sun||16th May||SLH||11.00 am||7th Sunday of Easter||26th April||7th May|
|Sat||22nd May||Tilbury||6.30 pm||Pentecost / FHC enrol||3rd May||14th May|
|Sun||23rd May||Tilbury||9.00 am||Pentecost||3rd May||14th May|
|Sun||23rd May||SLH||11.00 am||Pentecost / FHC enrol||3rd May||14th May|
|Sat||29th May||Tilbury||6.30 pm||Holy Trinity||10th May||21st May|
|Sun||30th May||SLH||9.00 am||Holy Trinity||10th May||21st May|
|Sun||30th May||SLH||11.00 am||Holy Trinity||10th May||21st May|
|Sun||30th May||SLH||5.30pm||Holy Trinity||10th May||21st May|
3. If you know of any parishioners without
smart phones, computer or Wi-Fi connection please contact them and if they wish
to attend a particular Mass please assist them in registering their date and
time for the Mass but separately to your own registration. Remember it
must be as per the above registration format.
4. You may now book/register your Mass weekly. Masses will be limited to 67 people per Mass in Tilbury and 60 people per Mass in Stanford-le-Hope. Use the form below to request attendance at Mass for you and members of the same household. If you wish to assist another parishioner to request a Mass Booking you have to book for that parishioner separately. You will receive a reply by e-mail.
5. A check-in list will be generated for each Mass and your attendance will be confirmed. You (and your family) will be ushered to an allocated seating space. Please come at least 20 minutes before Mass begins for this registration to take place. Late comers will not be allowed to attend the Mass for which you have registered. We are sorry that we have to follow these very strict guidelines as we resume the celebration of Public Masses.
6. It is important to reaffirm that the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended. Please be aware there will be a limited number of people who can attend any particular Mass in our Churches (see No. 4 above). We need to reflect very carefully on how and when we might be able to attend Mass. We cannot and must not return immediately to our customary practices (hence arriving 20 minutes before the start of Mass). Face coverings/masks are not compulsory, however, we recommend that you wear them in the Church.
7. We ask every parishioner to think carefully about how and when they will return to Mass, given there is no Sunday obligation. We ask you to consider attending Mass on a weekday which will be limited to a maximum of 30 people only. This will ease the pressure of numbers for Sunday celebrations and allow a gradual return to the Eucharist for more people.
8. If you or any of your family have any Covid-19 symptoms please remain at home and do not attend the Public Masses. If you or your family members show any Covid-19 symptoms after attending a Mass you MUST immediately inform Fr. Anthony and the Parish office.
9. If you wish to cancel the Mass which you have registered for, please inform us immediately.
FOR OTHER SACRAMENTS
A. For the celebration of Reconciliation (Sacrament of Confession) we are to follow strictly the guidelines given by the Bishops’ Conference which is on the Parish websites.
B. If you wish to be married please contact Fr. Anthony through the Parish office email ONLY. Please indicate your full name and your fiancé’s full name, your current addresses and your mobile phone contact number. DO NOT book a date for your wedding until you have contacted Fr. Anthony. It takes at least six months for paperwork to be prepared and confirmed by the Diocese and the catechesis (spiritual preparation) that is compulsory for you and your fiancé to attend to be completed.
C. Baptisms are now being celebrated for infants and toddlers. If you have not registered for your child’s Baptism, please request a Baptism Registration form for your completion. Please contact the Parish office via email including the child’s full name, parents’ full name and your current postal address including postcode together with your contact number.
If you have already registered your child for Baptism you do not need to re-register.
If a parishioner has recently died, the family must first contact Fr. Anthony by Parish email before booking a date with the Funeral Director. This is to ensure that Fr. Anthony is available on a particular date to conduct the funeral service.
Choose which parish and at what time you would like to attend
Tilbury - Saturday at 6.30 p.m. or Sunday at 9.00 a.m.
Stanford-le-Hope - Sunday at 11 a.m.
If Stanford Le Hope, follow this link
Choose ONE date to attend Mass from the list (remember you have to book 2 weeks in advance). Once you have received confirmation of your booking you will be able to book/register for Mass weekly, unless the numbers increase.
BOOKING FORM FOR ATTENDING A MASS
- 96 Dock Rd
- RM18 7BT