All Brentwood Diocesan Catholic School Vacancies (for which the Education Services Department are aware) are posted on the Diocesan website.
Please use this link address to view current vacancies.
Chancery Tribunal General Assistant based at Cathedral House
1. Assist with incoming email, post, telephone calls and enquiries from members of the public and clergy, re-directing queries when appropriate;
2. To acknowledge correspondence received and respond appropriately to enquiries at the request of the Chancery & Tribunal Administrator;
3. Prepare paying-in book and financial records for the Chancery and Tribunal Offices, ready for banking by the Administrator and their reporting to the Finance Office;
4. Register RCIA forms and prepare them for signature by the Chancellor (or Bishop) and return to the parishes;
5. Process Papal Blessing requests and record financial information;
6. Register Authorised Persons forms, prepare them for signature and forwarding to the GRO;
7. Assist with the review and preparation of marriage papers, which will require signature by the Chancellor;
8. Update and maintain the Marriage Registers, and to input historical information as required by the Chancery & Tribunal Administrator;
9. Ensure copies of all marriage documentation sent to other dioceses are copied and filed in the Chancery Archives;
10. Assist with the issue to parishes of the annual Mass Attendance forms and annual Pastoral Statistics forms. Collation of the data into report format to be made available to the Bishops’ Conference and the Holy See, and other Diocesan departments as needed.
11. Respond to search requests from other Dioceses, as needed.
12. Maintain and distribute Chancery and Tribunal forms as required to include pre-nuptial enquiry forms and the various application forms for dispensations or permissions.
13. To arrange appointments, as necessary, for clergy and others to see the Chancellor.
14. To arrange appointments, as necessary, for Tribunal interviews and others at the request of the Chancery & Tribunal Administrator;
15. Ensure electronic mailing lists and pre-printed labels are available and updated at all times under the guidance of the Chancery & Tribunal Administrator.
16. To ensure the Chancery and Tribunal office is maintained in an orderly manner, ensuring that all electronic and paper records are secure, confidential, up-to-date and archived when necessary.
17. Secretarial/Administration – to deal with general tasks as and when required
The full job description and person specification can be found on the Diocese website here:
Hours of work: 25 hours per week
Start Date: September 2021
Closing date: Monday 16th August 2021 at 5pm
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd August 2021
To be considered for the role, please send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that you will need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. You must provide proof of Right to Work in the UK.
For an informal chat with Michaela Pearce, Chancery and Tribunal Administrator, please email firstname.lastname@example.org